Premium Hand-made Inaniwa Udon
- These noodles are carefully prepared over a four day period by hand
- Taste the difference with the use of special techniques (kneading, crushing, ayakake) requiring high levels of craftsmanship to aerate the dough
- Use a special drying technique that makes noodles as white a fresh snow
- Made in Akita in northern Japan with wheat from Hokkaido with no additives
With nearly 400 years of history, Inaniwa Udon has been praised for hundreds of years by Japanese gourmands for its smooth and silky texture. Passed down by generations, Inaniwa Udon is considered one of ‘Three Great’ or ‘Three Famous’ udon recipes in Japan, sometimes being referred to a culinary masterpiece of Japan.
Udon is typically produced in 3 days, however they believe that adding one day to the process maxims the noodles flavour and texture. Inaniwa Udon is made entirely by hand without the use of machines. Taking extra time to mature the noodles creates a smooth and silky texture which produces a pleasant “nodogoshi” (sensation when swallowing). The nodogoshi of Inaniwa Udon is highly regarded among Japanese gourmands.
What makes Inaniwa udon noodles exception is the amount of tubular bubbles contained in the dried noodles. This is the direct result of their kneading technique. Because of the bubbles, the taste of the noodles Inaniwa Udon has a smoother texture while retaining its consistency.
Tsuyu Noodle Sauce" by Clicking Here
To see how cook these noodles please visit:
Akita gets about 60cm of snow in winter so the spring water which runs from the Kurikoma Mountains and the Akita Sugibayashi Forest in Omoriyama is perfect for making premium udon as the balance of minerals in this water enhances the taste of the noodles.
Preparation: Boil for 3 minutes and rinse in cold water. Eat Hot or cold with toppings of your choosing.
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.