Take a moment with yourself
Ease stress, increase focus, and let the incense help change your mood
Japanese incense made in Awaji Island
Morning Gyokuro has a light and slightly sweet gyokuro scent. Premium Gyokuro Green Tea is kneaded into the incense to make this blend. Along with a light scent, the air is refreshed by the blended tea catechin.
A tea scent that does not interfere with breakfast and is familiar to the dining room or kitchen table. It is a nice incense to burn in the morning while you are having a little quiet time before starting your day or afterwards during your tea break.
This is also a lovely incense to light during a dinner party, just after dinner is served and desert is being prepared. It takes the smell of food away and leaves a pleasant slightly sweet scent. As it contains natural ingredients, the room’s scent is refreshed with a pleasant scent.
Contents: 20 sticks
Incense length: Approximately 7cm
Burning time: about 15 minutes
Box: 3 × 3 × 10 cm
Tube: Φ18 x H9.7cm
You You Ang comes from the Japanese words, “youyou-jiteki” which means to act naturally without any restraints and to live with a relaxed feeling.
Incense came to Japan with Buddhism from China. After arriving in Japan and being used in ceremonies, the experience of scent took on new forms. Samurai warriors would prepare for battle by purifying their minds and bodies with the incense and developed an appreciation for its fragrances.
For nobility at court, there was a game they enjoyed where they would smell incense and guess what ingredients it was made from. Incense also became a way to perfume not only your environment, but used as a perfume for clothes and hair. Eventually incense became accessible to other classes, while always being revered as something extremely precious.
It developed into an incense-smelling ceremony called Kodo or, “The Way of Fragrance”.
We still enjoy incense in this way. You You Yang is for those who wish to take little of time to enjoy a moment with yourself, or to share with loved ones, with the belief that incense “Makes time to clean your heart”.
You You Ang’s incense continues to be produced in the birthplace of incense, Awaji Island.
This incense series is for meditation, relaxation, and to uplift your spirit.
To learn more about this incense please Click Here
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design.
We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to modern demands. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
OUR STORE IN PARIS:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a concept store selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands:
- A variety of Stationary brands and accessories chosen for style, quality, functionality, and design
- Candles, incense, and fragrance for the home or workplace
- Decorative Items and traditional dolls
- Bath accessories and design soaps
- Cosmetics using Japanese ingredients with cleansing, moisturizing, and reparative qualities
- Tableware brands with items designed and produced by Japanese craftsmen
- Kitchenware tools and accessories, both traditional and modern
- Towel and brush collections for a variety of technical uses in the kitchen, home, bath.
- Knives and scissors from the famed Banshu Hamono district
- Durable, water resistant washi paper products to carry your belongings
- Accessories and bags from the cult brand "Porter-Yoshida&Co"
- Apparel selected for quality, comfort, and durability
- A selection of Antiques found through Japanese antique dealers
- A selection of Food that we have researched to find the best quality using natural ingredients
- A selection of sake, shochu, spirits, and whiskeys
- Limited edition items exclusively made for Bows & Arrows, only available at the store
To make our selection, we travel to Japan several times per year and draw on the knowledge of our Japanese curator friends. We attend many trade shows to find new products in that are being produced. We also get inspiration from our connections among designers, craftsmen, artists, galleries, and workshops or small factories.
The store exclusively sells:
- Japanese brands
- Products made by skilled craftsmen
- Contemporary and good-design products
- Products that everyone can enjoy and use in their daily life
The store receives new items from Japan, always changing, always bringing new surprises, and/or inviting new artists and craftsmen for special events.
Bows & Arrows also organizes events where customers can experience Japanese culture such as Ikebana flower arrangements, tea ceremony or Japanese gift wrapping, screenings, music nights, calligraphy, and a variety of other Japanese traditional crafts.
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the « Japan- Best » distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.