Towari - Soba Buckwheat Shochu - fish, pork or chicken as well as spicy dishes
- Made from original buckwheat koji and only buckwheat ingredients
- Soba buckwheat shochu has a distinctly different taste from potato shochu
- Enjoy this shochu on the rocks, straight, or mixed in a citrus cocktail
- Shochu is generally stronger than sake so it is enjoyed by people who prefer a more "spirit" type alcohol
Produced by the Takara Shuzo located not far from Kyoto, Towari Soba is a shochu that has the specificity of being made from 100% buckwheat, unlike the more classic shochu whose basic ingredients are more rice, barley or sweet potato. Rarely used for the elaboration of shochu, buckwheat is a cereal more difficult to ferment with Koji and its use is a feat that reveals a real know-how in saccharification.
This specificity is fully expressed during tasting with a fruity profile that is accompanied by a slight smoky taste like Scottish single malts. Distilled under normal pressure to obtain rich and deep flavors, this shochu has a silky and delicate texture that will accompany fish, pork or chicken dishes as well as spicy dishes.
Shochu is a white alcohol resembling vodka Titrant between 20 and 45 °, and are distilled from different ingredients such as sweet potato, rice, barley or brown sugar. It is extremely popular in Japan, and people drinks it both "Straight" and "On the rocks "or in cocktail (most famously with fresh grapefruit juice).
Alc. 25% 500ml
Remarks: Due to custom restrictions on food related items, this product is currently unavailable for clients living in United States and Russia.
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.