Premium Naturally Pressed Sesame Oil
- Premium Light cooking Sesame oil for frying that leaves only the faintest and nearly undetectable sesame aroma
- Premium Dark cooking Sesame oil for cooking, dressings, and garnishes
- No chemicals or preservatives used
- Because it has the highest cooking temperature of oils, very little is absorbed into the food and is a healthier alternative to cooking oil for stir-fried dishes
- You can easily taste the difference between other sesame oils and this one (think of tasting premium olive oil vs supermarket olive oil).
- Preferred oil used at by top chefs internationally and all best tempura restaurants in Japan
- Food pairing: with carpaccio, cold tofu, omelette, cucumber, avocado, and even Vanilla ice cream
Sesame oil burns at the highest temperature of any other oil - the second being rice oil and further down is olive oil with the lowest being other vegetable oils. Since the cooking temperature is extremely high, the food is cooked without absorbing excess oil. This makes it the most premium oil and is used by top chefs around the world, particularly at all high end tempura restaurants in Japan.
Iwai's sesame oil has been around for more than 160 years and is one of the only companies still using traditional oil extracting techniques (using the stand-still method instead of centrifugals to keep the flavour of the oil) while most other modern sesame oils are extracted using chemical processing and preservatives. The flavour of sesame oil is greatly affected by the temperature and roasting time, and since it is a very difficult task, experienced masters must closely watch over it.
For this premium oil, lightly roasted sesame seeds are carefully selected and the oil is extracted using the traditional way of pressing and squeezing to produce the light coloured pure sesame oil. The sesame oil that has been squeezed is roughly filtered, then placed in a tank to remove impurities, and then neatly finished and filtered with a cotton cloth filter before it becomes a product.
The Light Oil has almost no scent and can also be used like salad oil in a variety of ways, from deep fried, to fried foods, dressings, mayonnaise, and confectionery. Additionally it can also be used as a beauty oil and Ayurvedic treatments.
The Dark Oil has a beautiful sesame aroma because it is 100% pure and extracted by craftsmen with generations of know-how and a commitment to continue making in the natural way. Food pairing: with carpaccio, cold tofu, omelette, cucumber, avocado, and Ice cream.
To learn more about Iwai Sesame oil please Click Here
Remarks: Due to US custom's restriction on food item import, this product is currently unavailable for clients living in United States.
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.