Hirakyusu Tea Pot
- Beautiful small matte tea pot for a single cup of tea
- Collaboration between modern design and craftsmen
- The lid is airtight lid for the optimal brewing temperature.
- The handle is specially designed with a small tip coming out to rest your finger on for steadiness when pouring tea.
- The dip is angled so you can pour until the last drop. This is the proper and respectful way to pour tea.
All these elements, combined with its incredible lightness in weight, make the Hirakyusu teapot a joy to use and shows the honed precision of Japanese craftsmanship. This teapot uses the craftsmanship of Tokoname, which has long been a famous teapot production area in Japan. An unglazed finishing is applied on the product and the smooth surface gloss increases each time you brew tea .
As the Japanese name implies, this teapot is flat and has a large opening. It makes it easy to add or remove the tea and there is plenty of space for the tea leaves to sufficiently infuse inside.
The inner tea strainer is made by making fine holes in a ceramic plate. It has a unique structure that does not easily clog the tea leaves while straining.
It is important for tea to be thoroughly steamed, and to be able to pour out every last drop, and that the lid and the main unit should close properly. This teapot achieves its high sealing performance by adding a special process called "lidding", which requires the craftsman to rub the lid and body multiple times until the finishing is perfect.
You can also purchase a specially made brush to wash the inside of the spout HERE
Dimensions: L17 x W10.5 x H7.9 cm
Place of Origin : Tokoname, Japan
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.