Soft Handmade Face Brush
- A soft brush designed for use as a face brush
- Goat hair is soft and supple, ideal for facial cleansing
- The handle is made of magnolia wood
- Made by skilled craftsmen
“Hake” are brushes formed by separate pieces of wood. After drilling small holes in one piece of wood, they attach the strands of hair by hand because it is the only way that they can ensure they are tight enough. After this they bond the wood with the main piece. After this the hairs are cut to symmetry.
Uno Hake brushes started in 1917. Currently Ms. Chieko Uno works with her daughter Michiyo to continue their family craft. These brushes have been modernised to have an array of modern uses. For home use, to clean your face, body, clothes, shoes, etc.
When modern clothing was warn more commonly than traditional kimonos, Japanese didn't really know how to care western suits, knits, etc. This brush company began developing brushes for very specific needs.
To achieve this the type of animal hair need to be chosen and prepared for each product. Each type of hair has a different texture needs to be treated with oil.
Material: Goat hair / Magnolia wood (handle)
Size: 12.5 x 5.5 x 2 cm
How to use:
- Moisten the brush
- Gently lather with soap and brush in the palm of your hand
- When it bubbles, put it on your face and use it gently like drawing a circle.
- Rinse cleanly after cleansing and remove soap and water
- Remove moisture with a towel, and then adjust the hair and store in a well-ventilated place with the hair facing down or hanging
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.