Shichiken Namanama Sake - Pairs with fish, cheese, and deserts
- A nose on fruits, apple and tropical fruits, which mingle with lactic notes
- On the palate, a lot of freshness, a juicy sake, remains round and creamy
- We end on a nice acidity, bitterness
- A clear, supple and light finish.
- Pairing with both raw and fresh preparations like sashimi and carpaccio, with seafood broths
- With cheeses and desserts, choose them creamy
- An unpasteurised sake that restores intact the sensations of purity of water
The unpasteurised version of Shichiken which focuses with this sake on restoring intact the sensations of purity of the water it has. We discover a rather marked nose on fruits, apple and tropical fruits, which are mixed with lactic notes typical of this category. On the palate, it is very fresh, a juicy sake that remains round and creamy. We end on a nice acidity, bitterness. A clear, supple and light finish.
About the brewery: The Yamanashi Meijo brewery is located at the foot of the Japanese Alps, north of Yamanashi prefecture, on the island of Honshu. It was founded in 1750 by the descendant of a long line of brewers who originally settled in the Nagano region. Mr. Kitahara, then representative of the seventh generation of this family, discovered, in the heart of the locality of Hakushu, water of exceptional quality. He decided to settle there to found his own brewery. This pure water comes from the melting snow of Mount Kai Komagatake, whose summit rises to over 2900m above sea level. It feeds the springs of the region after being slowly filtered through the granite rock, thus taking on the minerals essential for the production of sake.
Recognition was quick and the good reputation of Yamanashi Meijo went beyond the limits of the locality to the point of becoming a place of visit for the Meiji Emperor who stayed there during his official visits. Since that time, the majestic family home has been elevated to the rank of a high place of historical interest in Japan. Today, the elaboration of sake is still a family affair and the 13th generation takes care of the details, practicing in particular long fermentations, at low temperature, with the aim of preserving the signature of Yamanashi Meijo's sakes: sakes with both delicate and rich, in which we find intact the remarkable quality of spring water.
Remarks: Due to custom restrictions on food related items, this product is currently unavailable for clients living in United States and Russia.
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.