Instant Rice - Red Beans
- Easy preparation: simply add hot water
- No additives or preservatives
- Perfect for office lunches, hiking, camping, etc
- Practical and functional stylish packaging
- Storage at room temperature for 5 years
This rice was originally developed in 1932 in preparation for food shortages. The original rice is processed by a dehydration process using freeze-drying technology and can be stored for up to 5 years. This rice is used for Japan’s self defence force, by JASA for space expeditions, and is also stored at all Japanese municipal city centres for emergency relief food.
Although it was originally made for times of need, great efforts have been made to ensure that the taste is delicious and can be used in daily life. This is a good product to keep not only stored in your house but also for camping or adventure trips, a quick snack when you don't have time to cook, etc. The mixed rice is carefully made without any of the 27 basic allergens.
Ingredients: Rice (domestic glutinous rice), red beans, cowpea liquid), granular salt (salt, cold plum powder)
The rice can be made with boiling water(leave for 20 minutes), or room temperature water (leave for 1 hour).
How to use: Watch on Youtube
Display content: 100g / finished amount 260g
Expiration date: 5 years
Remarks: Due to US custom restrictions on food items, this product is currently unavailable for clients living in United States.
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.