Arita Ceramic Coffee Filter
- Ceramic coffee filter with micro holes that enhances the taste by removing bitterness
- Your regular coffee beans will be refreshed with a surprising upgrade
- No paper filter needed. Sustainable eco friendly and fun way to enjoy your favourite coffee
- Minimalistic design looks great in your kitchen
- Developed with 400 years of history Arita ware technology. Each piece is carefully finished by skilled craftsmen
The filter is made of a special ceramic system composed of countless micro-pores through which coffee or other beverages are filtered. The resulting taste and aroma of your coffee or beverage is unparalleled compared to other pour-over systems. Paper filters don't allow all of the oil in the coffee bean to go through the way that ceramic filters do. With this type of filter your regular coffee beans will be refreshed with a surprising mellow upgrade - many people begin to enjoy "Black Coffee" after using this ceramic filter. This makes the Ceramic Filter an ideal pour-over system. With proper periodic maintenance, this filter will last a lifetime.
A taste analysis was conducted by the Intelligent Sensor Technology Corporation, Taste Analysis TS-50002, Saga Industrial Technical Centre. It was proven that bitterness is largely removed, and any roughness is smoothed out:
Regular size: 2-3 cups
- Amount of beans: 25 〜 35g (Coarse grind)
- Extraction time: 4 minutes 〜 4 minutes and half
- Saturation time: 30 seconds
- Extraction amount: 400 ～ 450ml
How to make your favourite coffee:
1: Begin by pouring boiling water through the filter to make sure that it is not clogged. If the water doesn't flow properly, please unclog your filter using our recommended methods.
2: Please put the desired amount of very-coarse ground coffee beans in your filter.
3: Steam the coffee beans with warm water for 30 seconds.
4: Please pour boiled water into the filter 5-6 times within 4 minutes with a kettle.
After each use, gently rinse filter with water only. The use of detergent may bind to the pores, spoiling future beverage flavour. Rinse well until water coming out of the filter becomes clear.
Periodic maintenance: How to clear a clogged filter: Since the pores of the filter are extremely fine, clogging occurs after repeated use. If the flow rate becomes lower, clogging is beginning to occur. Follow the instruction below to learn how to clear a clogged filter.
Boiling: Put baking soda (2 spoons) in a boiling pot and boil the filter for 10-20 min.
Or fill a microwave-safe bowl with enough water, put baking soda (2 spoons) in a boiling pot, and heat in the microwave(500W/5 min, 700W/3 min).
- Be sure that the top of filter is facing up.
- Before use, please rinse well with warm water to clean off the baking soda.
- Please be sure to use baking soda that is sold as safe for human consumption (i.e., sold for use as a food additive or as an antacid).
- The filter will be extremely hot after firing or boiling. Please be sure to let the filter cool before use.
- The filter may break if cooled immediately.
- Clogging may not be dissolved if not being boiled long enough.
Firing: Place the filter face up on a steel net and fire for about 10 min until smoke does not comes out.
Fire the whole surface by turning it using tongs.
- Please note that there are two types of filters: cone shaped and rounded shape. After testing both types we have found that the rounded shape is easier to use and have these for Bows & Arrows as well as on our online store.
- Stand is sold separately
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.