"Les petites mains" Gardening Spade
- Elegant, modern gardening spade to elevate your everyday gardening experience
- Stainless steel with white enamel coating and a beach-wood handle
- Only local craftsmen are employed, and all the wood used is sustainable
- Created by one of the most prominent family run companies providing ikebana and gardening tools since the 1950's
- Made in "Tsubame Sanjo", an area with a history of over 400 years in metal work
- The washi packaging makes it a wonderful gifting option for friends who love to garden
“Les Petites Mains “ was was designed as an elegant gardening tool series, created by Flower artist Keiko Yoshino, an ikebana flower art master who performs in Japan, Paris, London, and other locations internationally.
Comprised of beach-wood from Nigata prefecture is used with the “Snow Beech Project”: a program that makes efforts to re-grow forests and make quality products, while revitalizing the community. Long ago, these trees were used to produce charcoal for heat, but as charcoal was replaced by coal and oil, the forests were abandoned. The purpose of the Snow beech project is to ensure these materials are being used more effectively to prevent wasting the limited resources, and to show gratitude for the blessings of nature.
Japanese stainless steel is used for the blade and then coated in enamel. The steel tip is exceptional because it is a special stainless that uses carbon. This rare combination works more efficiently because the steel is extremely hard and can dig into the ground much more forcefully than regular stainless steel.
White was chosen for the clean image to contrast with the soil, greenery, and flowers.
Material: Beach Wood & Carbon Stainless Steel
Made in Japan
Care Instructions: Care instructions: Please wash the dirt off with water and dry before storing in a dry tool kit. You will find that the enamel is much easier to wash than regular stainless steel.
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.