Chazutsu Tea Caddy - 40g, 120g
- Crafted by Kyoto's legendary Tea Canister manufacturer
- A tea caddy that will last for generations
Kaikado tea canisters have been handmade one by one using the same process and the same method for over 100 years.
Boasting high airtightness, it can protect foodstuffs from moisture and store them. Kaikado tea caddies are made with a double structure using tinplate for the inside. You can use these caddies to store tea, coffee, or other dry foods.
There are more than 130 steps in the process of making one single tea caddy. As the joints of the lid and body are lined up, the lid descends to the exact level in a silky and silent motion all the while slowly expelling superfluous air from the caddy. This superb airtight feature has remained unchanged over a century.
Kaikado’s “chazutsu” can be repaired even if they are dented or distorted. They can be passed down from generation to generation because of the traditional hand making techniques even now being practiced. Your grandchildren’s grandchildren will be able to bring their “chazutsu” back to craftsmen if they ever need maintenance.
- Product size: ⌀6.5 x 6.5cm
- The product name 40g indicates the content of Sencha green tea.
- The inner lid is conventional type and it fits snuggly inside the caddy.
- Ideal for storage for matcha.
- Tea canister and tea scoop set can be purchased Tea scoop
- Tea scoop size: L6.5 x W3.5 x H0.4cm (incl. handle)
- Place of Origin: Japan
Proper care and handling of your tea caddy:
- Please do not wash the caddy. Prior to shipping the caddies are thoroughly sanitised
- Please do not place the caddy in a refrigerator or freezer as the material is -susceptible to moisture and humidity. If you should get water on your caddy, please wipe it off with a soft dry cloth and gently rub caddy to avoid moisture spots.
- After your purchase you will perceive a normal yet subtle change in the colour tone of your caddy: copper in 2-3 months, brass in 1-2 years and tin in 3-5 years. Like fine wine caddy becomes even more appreciated with age.
- It is Important to lift the top of the caddy lid softly from the body in order to prevent any possibility of damage.
- When closing the caddy lid please adjust the joint line on the lid with the joint line on the body. This will allow the lid to go down slowly by itself and the air will be released from the caddy. Gently push the lid at the last moment. This will prevent air from entering the caddy.
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.