- Beautiful small matte tea pot for a single cup of tea
- Collaboration between modern design and craftsmen
- The lid is airtight lid for the optimal brewing temperature.
- The handle is specially designed with a small tip coming out to rest your finger on for steadiness when pouring tea.
- The dip is angled so you can pour until the last drop. This is the proper and respectful way to pour tea.
All these elements, combined with its incredible lightness in weight, make the Hirakyusu teapot a joy to use and shows the honed precision of Japanese craftsmanship. This teapot uses the craftsmanship of Tokoname, which has long been a famous teapot production area in Japan. An unglazed finishing is applied on the product and the smooth surface gloss increases each time you brew tea .
As the Japanese name implies, this teapot is flat and has a large opening. It makes it easy to add or remove the tea and there is plenty of space for the tea leaves to sufficiently infuse inside.
The inner tea strainer is made by making fine holes in a ceramic plate. It has a unique structure that does not easily clog the tea leaves while straining.
It is important for tea to be thoroughly steamed, and to be able to pour out every last drop, and that the lid and the main unit should close properly. This teapot achieves its high sealing performance by adding a special process called "lidding", which requires the craftsman to rub the lid and body multiple times until the finishing is perfect.
Composition: 100% Ceramic/clay Size: L17 x W10.5 x H7.9 cm 300ml
Place of Origin : Handcrafted in Tokoname, Japan
You can also purchase a specially made brush to wash the inside of the spout HERE