Japanese "Warosoku" Candle Purification - Salt of Iwato
- Handcrafted in the Saitama region: each layer of wax is applied by hand to form the candle forming a traditional Warosoku candle
- The charcoal has purification properties that are historically embedded in Japanese rituals and lifestyle
- Cosmic hemp activates our bodies cells and clears heaviness in the air
- The wick is made of washi and Igusa (the fibre used for tatami) so the flame a very bright light
- The different components have purifying properties and burn without giving off an odour, cleansing your space
- The wax never drips: it evaporates
This Warosoku candle contains cosmic hemp powder in its wax. Cosmic hemp activates our bodies cells and clears heaviness in the air. It is recommended to use this candle for purification and relaxation. Charcoal has also long been used for purification, cleaning the air, the water, and the environment.
A Japanese candle with a wish to purify mixed with Haze wax. In Japanese culture we find the “transience” of a candle that will eventually disappear is beautiful. The beauty of Warosoku's flame is that it has the same transience and integrity as cherry blossoms. People are moved when they discover the beauty of transience and integrity. Being moved by something creates room in your heart, and that room is spiritually fulfilling.
Content: 3 Candles
Box size: 15.4 x 4.7 x 2.1 cm
Candle Length: 15 cm / Thickness 1.3 cm
Burning time: 80 min
Note: Japanese candles do on stand on their own. Be sure to stand it in a dedicated candlestick with a pin and light it. We also have candle holders for purchase.
The "Kodama" candle & incense holder. A spherical candlestick inspired by fireworks. The base can be used as a Japanese candle holder. The lid can be used as an incense holder.
Diameter: 50mm | Material: Clay
Handling and cleaning of the candlestick & holder
1. Allow the candlestick to cool before cleaning
2. Use hot water to wash away the wax, then wipe it gently
3. Do not apply strong force
Cleaning the candle stand:
1. When clean a candle stand please do after the temperature cool down.
2. Clean the candle stand by rinsing with boiling water and wipe
3. Please don't add the strong force to the pin.
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.