MARS Tsunuki Edition 2022 Whiskey
- Deep and energetic. Orange, apple, spices. Bittersweet
- Nose : The last version of Tsunuki was a peaty version. This Tsunuki 2022 edition is not one but still pays tribute to its big brother with a nose starting on a puff of smoke. It continues on the gluttony with precise notes of cooking spice and orange reminiscent of a cake just out of the oven.
- Appearance : Deep gold.
- Mouth : The taste expresses the energy and depth of the original (new-make) distillate that the Tsunuki distillery aims to produce. We keep the fruity notes of the nose with some fresh apples. A complex bitterness maintains the balance perfectly for several seconds.
- Finish : The finish is long and warm with a smooth sensation.
Its rich and sweet profile highlights the freshness of fruity notes with beautiful aromas of ripe and sweet fruits and notes of baked sweets.
On the palate, a slight acidity appears with passion fruit aromas accompanied by dark chocolate notes.
The blend composed mostly of single malts aged in bourbon barrels expresses the influence of the cask on the whisky with persistent woody notes in the final.
100% Japanese whisky, Tsunuki Single Malt Edition 2022 was distilled, aged, blended and bottled at the distillery located in the heart of the historic cradle of the Hombo family in Kagoshima on the island of Kyushu.
The distillery benefits from a specific local climate and access to high quality spring water from the Kuraokuyama mountain range. The whiskey distilled during the first and second year of production at Tsunuki Distillery has been selected to produce a masterpiece, using primarily first and second fill bourbon casks for aging.
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.