Tsuyuhikari - Single Origin Sencha 100g
- Delicious tea to drink for health and relaxation
- First picking of the season which is Premium Tea
- Single origin tea is grown by one farmer and on one farm
- Taste profile: A tea with a good balance of umami, sweetness and astringency, and aroma.
Tsuyuhikari is a tea with good quality astringency and flavour. It has a refreshing aroma of young leaves and its colour is a beautiful green.
Shimizu-en's Tsuyuhikari is particularly rich in aroma because it is Made by a wilting process by putting the leaves under the sun to remove the moisture for 6 to 7 hours. This removes excess water from the leaves and induces a very light oxidation. The scent of the wilted leaves is a natural and very attractive scent that cannot be imitated by any fragrances.
This tea tastes especially good, when brewed in cold water.
How to brew & store:
Hot: Put 2g per person of tea leaves in 75ml per person of hot water at 80°C for 1 minute.
Cold: Put 10g of tea leaves in 750-800ml of cold water, leave in the fridge for 6hours.
Avoid heat and humidity, storage at room temperature.
Place of origin: Sayama, Saitama prefecture
About single origin tea:
In recent years, Japanese people became more aware of the delicacy of “The Single Origin Tea”. We enjoy the unique pure taste of one tea species, as western people do when they drink black tea from one farm. With this trend, Agricultural Research Centres throughout Japan are now developing new tea species which are unique in their taste and flavour.
Remarks: Due to US custom restrictions on food items, this product is currently unavailable for clients living in United States.
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.