Shochikubai - Nigori (cloudy) Junmai Sake - refreshing aperitif and spicy dishes
- Soft and silk texture, characterised as "Sweet"
- The sake remains sweet because of the of rice that is still in the bottle
- This sake has a low alcoholic level because it is only fermented for a few weeks
- Easy to drink and smooth which has many food pairings
Food Pairings: Spicy dishes, Fish, Citrus-based cocktails. NIGORI, literally cloudy, means that this sake is unfiltered.
Sho chiku bai nigori junmai 10.5% sake is an unfiltered type of sake that is therefore very cloudy and has a cloudy appearance.
This type of sake is often less alcoholic than other sakes, which is the case with this junmai nigori sake packaged in a 240 ml bottle which has an alcohol content of 10.5% and a sweet and light character.
In order to take full advantage of all the aromas of this sake, it is advisable to consume it very fresh, and to shake it well before serving it, ideally in a sake cup.
You can use nigorizake during meals that consist of spicy dishes, based on curry for example, but also during your aperitifs.
Drink cold and shake well before tasting.
Polishing rate: 60% - gohyakumangoku
Provence: Nada-Kobe, Hyogo
Junmai Sake is brewed using only rice, water, yeast and koji. There are no other additives. To qualify as a Junmai, there is technically no minimum milling requirement, but the sake must be the “pure rice” style… no added distilled alcohol allowed.
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.