1) Lead time for this craft lantern model:
- 30 days starting from the date of the order confirmation
2) Optional payment method / Paypal ONLY
- Customer could choose to confirm the order by email to: email@example.com
- 50% deposit payment at order confirmation, balance before shipping
Body: Cast Iron / Lid: Copper
Electric Stove: not applicable
Size Tanagokoro warmer S (cast iron): 110x110x60mm
Size Igeta warmer S (cast iron): 100x100x65mm
This iron kettle series is designed with a motif of an finely designed family crest from the ancient times. The scholar and military senior statesmen would create a design with characters and labels for the noble families, and then this design would be used as the house crest, the banner, or a horse seal for them.
The crests were originated from the coat of arms, and have over 4560 different designs now. Taking inspiration from these crests, the craftsmans team has designed series of 4 types of iron kettles, with motifs of a four-way quince, a shape with cutoff corners, a Japanese quince, and also a gourd shaped crest.
The handle has been given a bow-shaped design, which could well match the shape of the main body. The copper lid knob has a design combining chrysanthemum, pine tree, and a gourd, which harmonize nicely with the shape of the main body kettle.
The finishing is done at 800 degrees, unglazed and coated with oxide film. And then hand-painted with lacquer, through a Japanese traditional technique from long, long time ago.
To boil the tap water with this cast iron kettle could erase almost all chlorine from the water, so that the water would be mild and more tasty, and would have no smell after the boiling.
To use this kettle continously, would add a slight healthy iron element, everytime when cooking the the hot water, which is a merit for the user to take the daily required iron naturally for the body, through a simple water drinking. The cast iron kettle reacts well also with the tannin of tea, which is another untold secret for the making an enjoyable and delicious cup of tea !
A cast iron warmer can be selected to make a kettle set, and which can keep the boiling water in the pot, warm, and perfect for drinking anytime during the day.
Place of Origin: Yamagata, Japan
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design.
We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to modern demands. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
OUR STORE IN PARIS:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a concept store selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands:
- A variety of Stationary brands and accessories chosen for style, quality, functionality, and design
- Candles, incense, and fragrance for the home or workplace
- Decorative Items and traditional dolls
- Bath accessories and design soaps
- Cosmetics using Japanese ingredients with cleansing, moisturizing, and reparative qualities
- Tableware brands with items designed and produced by Japanese craftsmen
- Kitchenware tools and accessories, both traditional and modern
- Towel and brush collections for a variety of technical uses in the kitchen, home, bath.
- Knives and scissors from the famed Banshu Hamono district
- Durable, water resistant washi paper products to carry your belongings
- Accessories and bags from the cult brand "Porter-Yoshida&Co"
- Apparel selected for quality, comfort, and durability
- A selection of Antiques found through Japanese antique dealers
- A selection of Food that we have researched to find the best quality using natural ingredients
- A selection of sake, shochu, spirits, and whiskeys
- Limited edition items exclusively made for Bows & Arrows, only available at the store
To make our selection, we travel to Japan several times per year and draw on the knowledge of our Japanese curator friends. We attend many trade shows to find new products in that are being produced. We also get inspiration from our connections among designers, craftsmen, artists, galleries, and workshops or small factories.
The store exclusively sells:
- Japanese brands
- Products made by skilled craftsmen
- Contemporary and good-design products
- Products that everyone can enjoy and use in their daily life
The store receives new items from Japan, always changing, always bringing new surprises, and/or inviting new artists and craftsmen for special events.
Bows & Arrows also organizes events where customers can experience Japanese culture such as Ikebana flower arrangements, tea ceremony or Japanese gift wrapping, screenings, music nights, calligraphy, and a variety of other Japanese traditional crafts.
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the « Japan- Best » distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.