Porter Tanker - Rucksack
- Porter Tanker Rucksack with multi pockets
- Number of pockets: Exterior: 4 / Interior: 2
- The Nylon is light and easy to carry and very strong
- Tanker is a cult piece that and you will start to get and give a nod of approval by fellow Porter fans
- Hand-sewn by one craftsman to ensure that no errors are made
- Porter bags are universally loved for their incredible attention to detail, craftsmanship, the thought that goes into making fabric, as well as pockets and attachments exactly where you need them
An original fabric inspired by the MA-1 flight jackets of the U.S. Air Force. It has been loved more than a quarter of a century, since its first release in 1983 and remains a best selling series. This bag is made from three-layers of fabric, composed by nylon twill (front) + polyester cotton (intermediate layer) + nylon taffeta (back). The bonded material is light and soft, and is accentuated with the bright orange lining.
Details of “MA-1” are also carefully adopted for all the parts. Both the black and sage green bodies are used to accompany the bright orange (or “rescue orange”) lining. The coating of metal parts (zippers, hooks and carabiner-type hooks) are designed to age beautifully as you continue to use them. The aluminium fasteners and snap button style used for this model were also rare at the time. The paint was designed to peel off slightly with use so that changes may appear naturally and the bag will age beautifully.
At the time of series release in 1983, because it was the concept of “Travel series of military taste with the motif of MA-1", duffel bags and shoulder bags were mainly developed. Originally, the colour was only sage green. Half a year later a black colour was added. Silver grey was announced in 2014.
- YKK Zip Closure
- Logo Patch
- Made in Japan
Outside: Nylon twill (bonding finish on polyester side)
Inside: Nylon taffeta
Number of pockets: Exterior: 4, Interior: 2
Dimensions: W30 x H40 x D12 cm
Holds: 14 Litres
As a general rule, Porter asks that you never put their bags on the floor when you are not at home.
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.