NIKKA Whisky "From the Barrel" - Special Edition Packaging “Silhouette” case
- Full body with aroma and flavour
- An intense and ambitious blend of more than 100 malt and grain whiskies
- Best selling series by Nikka
- Special Edition packaging for gifting
This whisky is made by blending the well matured and aged malt and grain liquor, and then it is re-barrelled for another several months. Many re-stored whiskeys are adjusted to an alcohol level of about 40-45% by adding water before bottling, but this "From the Barrel" whisky minimises adding water and has an exceptional alcohol level of 51%, while delivering a rich and delicate aroma, in addition to the unique harmony taste created through the re-storage process. An intense and ambitious blend of more than 100 malt and grain whiskies, Nikka From The Barrel, launched in 1985, is offered this year in a black “silhouette” case. Highlighting the clean lines of the bottle, this case enhances the originality of the blended whiskey with its iconic design.
Nose : Fine, complex. Floral (lilac), fruity (apricot). Notes of spices (cloves) and leather.
Appearance : Old gold with golden reflections.
Palate : Powerful, firm. Spicy (pepper). Wooded (oak). Develops on ripe fruits (peach), caramelized apple and flowers (honeysuckle).
Finish : Long. Marine notes. Ripe fruit (plum, peach) against a background of woody-vanilla notes.
Recommended ways to drink this whisky:
1) "Highball" whisky and soda. Since the alcohol content is "51%", the ratio of whiskey and soda is recommended to be around [1: 3.5]. Of course, you can add more soda if you like.
2) On The Rocks. If you want to enjoy the richness of "51% alcohol", then on the rocks is the best way to drink this whisky. Or you can use crushed ice (whiskey mist). The aroma and taste are well balanced.
Due to US custom restrictions on alcohols, this product is currently unavailable for clients living in United States.NIKKA Whisky "From the Barrel"
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.