Hida Mugicha Barley Tea - Grain 300g
- Non-caffeine barley tea
- Health benefits : naturally low calorie drink, rich in minerals and vitamins, barley tea is ideal for weight loss
- Cold barley tea is a popular summer drink in Japan.
- 100% Takayama original barley tea from cultivation to roasting and bagging.
Using six-row barley from the local area of Kokufu-cho, Hida Takayama (Gifu Prefecture), the fragrance is carefully finished in amber by a sand roasting method, which is the signature product of Nabeshima Meicha.
Barley used for this tea is characterised by its large size and sweetness. The roasting takes takes its time in a sand drum-shaped machine to carefully add a rich aroma to each grain. The way the rich aroma spreads after drinking is also a big attraction of "Hida Mugicha".
Best ways to drink and steep Hida Barley Tea (Grain):
Add 25g to 30g of into 2L of boiled water and simmer for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat, cover and steam for 30 minutes. Strain the wheat and transfer it to the pot. Grains may remain, so please strain it with a fine-textured strainer.
Ingredients: Barley(Takayama city, Gifu)
Due to US custom restrictions on food items, this product is currently unavailable for clients living in United States.
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.