Kamacco - A Cute Japanese Rice Cooker
How to cook delicious rice in a traditional way
*Do not put the Cooker on the stove when its outside surfaces are wet, especially the bottom which must be dry before coming into contact with the flame.
- Use the inner lid of the Cooker to measure one portion of rice.
- Put the rice into the Cooker, wash and rinse lightly with water.
- Use the inner lid of the Cooker to measure one portion of water and pour the water into the Cooker. (Put your finger over the tiny steam hole on the inner lid when using it as a measuring cup.)
- Cover the Cooker with the inner lid and then the outer lid.
- Put the Cooker on the stove. If it is unstable, you can stabilize it using a roasting net, for example.
- Cook the rice for around 20 minutes over the lowest flame possible.
- Keep the flame low until the very end – there is no need to adjust the flame throughout the cooking time.
- The Cooker will start steaming after around 15 minutes, and rice starch liquid will start to appear around the edge of the outer lid.
- When the rice is almost done, it will start to steam less, and the amount of rice starch liquid will reduce.
- Turn off the stove, and let the rice steam, still covered, for about 10 minutes.
The outer lid can be used as a serving bowl. (The inner lid can be used as the lid of the serving bowl.) The inner lid can be used as a serving dish for the cooked rice.
Other ways to use the Cooker
- Other dishes you can make with the Cooker: boiled eggs, steamed vegetables, cheese fondu, single serving hot pot.
- Always keep the flame as low as possible when cooking.
How to cook delicious rice with "microwave"
When you want to cook most deliciously
Weigh the rice using the included inner lid. (It is also possible to use measuring cups you normally use), The amount of rice becomes fine within the inner lid.
Put the weighed rice into the cabbage body and wash it lightly.
Place the inside of the inner lid in the cauldron for the amount of water. (The steam vent hole is plugged with fingers and used), Please adjust water consumption by new rice, old rice.
Immerse rice as it is in water. In case of old rice, we will soak the water for 30 minutes in summer and 40 minutes in winter. For new rice, it will be about half of the old rice.
After inserting rice and water, set the included inner lid / outer lid in the cauldron.
Set in the microwave oven. Heat in 200 w (thawing mode) for 22 minutes. (25 minutes in the case of 150 w)
After heating finishes, steaming it for about 10 minutes and the cooking is done.
If you want to cook delicious rice quickly
- Weigh the rice using the included inner lid. (It is also possible to use measuring cups you normally use)
- Put the weighed rice into the cabbage body and wash it lightly.
- Place the inside of the inner lid in the cauldron for the amount of water.
- After inserting rice and water, set the included inner lid / outer lid in the cauldron.
- Set in the microwave oven. Heat at 500 w for 5 minutes and 30 seconds. (4 minutes 40 seconds in the case of 600 w)
- Next, heat it in 200 w (thawing mode) for 10 minutes. (12 minutes in the case of 150 w)
- After heating finishes, steam it for about 5 minutes and the cooking is done.
- Please be careful when using a setting of 300 w or more to avoid spillover.
- When storing in a refrigerator, please wrap to keep the moisture of rice.