Camellia Oil Infused Udon Noodles
- Long Thin Chewy Delicious Noodles that you can eat cold or hot
- Use a light dressing and eat with steamed vegetables, tofu, seafood, poultry, eggs
- Only Domestic Wheat flour and Local Camellia oil from the Goto Islands in Southern Japan
- No additives or preservatives used
The noodles are round and thin, you can enjoy the chewy and smooth texture which is created by and hand twisting the dough, called "te-yori" a method passed down for more than 1,000 years. Kneading alone is not enough to bring the unique Goto Udon texture, the dough is twisted into strands and pulled repeatedly, then set to rest. Using the traditional style of hanging the noodles to dry giving them texture and elasticity. No preservatives are used, so in order to ensure the shelf life, camellia oils is used in the production process. The camellia oil also smooths out the unevenness in the surface of the dried noodle giving it its polish and extraordinary sleek smoothness.
Cook the noodles for 5 - 6 minutes and eat hot or cold. You can also use these as noodles for pasta.
Camellia oil is rich in minerals, Vitamins, and mono-unsaturated fatty acids, cholesterol free and low in saturated fat. Camellia oil has plenty of antioxidants. All these features make it helping improve cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases control, lower cholesterol, and inhibit cancer cells.
Goto Tenobe Udon Tsubaki (Camellia) uses carefully selected domestic wheat flour, using 100% salt and camellia oil from the Goto archipelago. It is a "genuine" certified product and is a popular item that is safe and secure for customers. Raw materials Wheat flour (wheat (domestic)), salt, edible oil (camellia oil).
200g (noodle length 250mm)
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.