Crest Collection Cast Iron Tea Pots : Pre-order
- Traditional Japanese Tea Kettles made by craftsman
- The iron in the pot
- Heavy weight and strong tea pot that will last for generations
From the “Crest“ collection. These iron kettles are designed with a motif of family crests. Chushin Kobo used 4 types for the shape of the iron kettle that include Quince type and a Gourd shaped crest.
The handle is a bow-shaped design that matches the shape of the main body, the copper lid knob is a combination of a chrysanthemum and pine. In total: a pine tree, a chrysanthemum split, and a gourd harmonise to create the design of this tea pot.
The finishing is done using the traditional technique used in iron kettle making in Japan, unglazed at 800 degrees, covered with an oxide film to prevent rust. This is followed by a lacquered baking finish on the top and a burnt finish of lacquer inside the pot. The bottom of the tea pot is flat, which enhances the heat conductivity that can also be used on an electric stove.
The water that is boiled using a casting kettle is able to remove almost all chlorine from tap water. After boiling, the water will be mild and have no smell. The hot water will have the added merit of iron minerals. You can enjoy tasty hot tea with a hint of healthy iron. The iron of hot water and tannin of tea also have a chemical reaction to make an enjoyable tasty tea.
A cast iron warmer can also be selected which will keep the water in the pot warm as well as serving as a stand so that the tea pot doesn't touch your table.
Volume: 1.0 liter
Body: Cast iron / handle: steel / lid: copper
Place of Origin: Yamagata, Japan
You can also purchase a specially made brush to wash the inside of the spout HERE
Conditions for PRE-ORDERS:
1) Lead time for this craft lantern model: 30 days starting from the date of the order confirmation
2) Optional payment method / Paypal ONLY: Customer can choose to confirm the order by email at: email@example.com
50% deposit payment at order confirmation and the full balance prior to shipping
Create your own gift sets now from a selection of different items on our site. Add this gift bag into the cart, and inform us about the gift that you wish to make in the note section before check-out.
Click HERE to access the product page of this gift bag.
NOTE before ordering this gift bag:
- This offer includes a special individual packing, for your ordered item
- Please kindly inform us about the exact products to be packed, in case multiple items are involved in one order
- Suitable to pack product & products with global volume up to around 320 x 180 x 75mm
- Cannot be ordered independently without other product
- White Komebukuro rice bag: 3kg
- Closed and tied manually by our team, with white wrapping string
Japan-Best is first and foremost a story about Japanese craftsmen with the influence of contemporary design. We are inspired by the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese craftsmanship, and their ability to adapt to our modern lifestyle. The more brands we meet, the more passionate we become about the stories behind each product; the skills of the craftsmen, or the long tradition of an object left unchanged for generations yet somehow remaining contemporary.
Japan-Best is a collection of Japanese brands, which we have selected for the originality of their design, the quality of their production, the fact that their production is “Made in Japan”, and the long history that they maintain, quite often for several generations.
Our selection of Japanese food is also based on craftsmanship in agriculture. We choose brands based on how they are made and we love brands that continue to use traditional natural techniques to grow food and prepare it. Good packaging and design is always and added joy to find!
Please come visit us at our store in Paris:
Bows & Arrows
17 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth
75003 Paris, France
T. +33 9 83 70 76 98
Bows & Arrows is a contemporary gift store in Paris selling a selection of contemporary Japanese lifestyle brands. We live between Tokyo and Paris and enjoy bringing new brands to introduce to our customers in Europe.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive invitations:
- when we have artists and craftsmen visit our store for special events
- for descriptions and stories when we receive new brands at our store
- for dates when we receive this years harvest of tea, rice, or seasonal food
Bows & Arrows is the retail branch of the “Japan- Best” distribution company based in Paris, dealing with the international wholesale distribution of a variety of Japanese brands.